WPAFB to honor USAFSAM anniversary
WPAFB teens earn Eagle Scout badge
30 years of musical history on WSU panels
FAHS presenting history of Fairborn formation
Bowling for Babies slated for Jan. 27
- WPAFB to honor USAFSAM anniversary - 4:43 pm
- WPAFB teens earn Eagle Scout badge - 4:43 pm
- 30 years of musical history on WSU panels - 4:43 pm
- FAHS presenting history of Fairborn formation - 4:42 pm
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 11:35 am
- SALT meetings resume Jan. 18 - 11:35 am
- Volunteers needed for maple sugaring - 11:35 am
- Bowling for Babies slated for Jan. 27 - 5:14 pm
- Wright-Patterson Air Force Base activities to be impacted by exercises - 5:14 pm
- Fairborn City Schools superintendent highlights snow day decision process - 5:14 pm
- Dunkin’ Donuts to open in Fairborn - 5:14 pm
- Old Man Winter strikes Fairborn - 5:13 pm
- Simulations to provide training at WPAFB - 4:12 pm
- Committee planning public presentation - 4:12 pm
- School board members sworn-in, officers elected - 4:12 pm
- Remembering morning man “Bucks” Braun - 4:11 pm updated: 1:07 pm.
- Lunch and learn highlights senior wellness - 4:11 pm
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 7:47 am
- Xenia Municipal Court - 7:47 am
- Village highlights Martin Luther King Jr. - 3:12 pm
- WPAFB reminds individuals of drone rules - 3:07 pm
- One year later, Merricks awaiting trial - 3:06 pm
- Cincinnati Reds to visit museum - 2:02 pm
- Reading with the dogs - 2:01 pm
- Homeowners should test for radon - 2:01 pm
Fairborn City Schools superintendent highlights snow day decision process
FAIRBORN — When it comes to declaring a snow day, Fairborn City School District officials aim to make a decision as early as 5 a.m.“Whenev...
Old Man Winter strikes Fairborn
Photos by Whitney Vickers | Fairborn HeraldWinter is in full swing throughout the Miami Valley. Community Park (pictured) is covered in snow, but poss...
Simulations to provide training at WPAFB
WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE — The 88th Medical Group Simulation Center is holding an open house 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday Jan. 26 to showcase ...
Committee planning public presentation
FAIRBORN — The Fairborn Military Veterans Memorial Project Committee recently held a fundraiser at Texas Roadhouse in Fairborn.Committee members...
School board members sworn-in, officers elected
FAIRBORN — Incoming Fairborn City Schools Board of Education Member Mary Reaster was sworn-in to begin her service at the latest regular meeting...
Saints football marching in to Xenia
XENIA — With a desire to bring family fun back to the sidelines, the Ohio Valley Saints semi-pro football team is coming to Xenia for the 2018 P...
Composed Bucs rally at ‘the Hoop’
KETTERING — Playing in the nation’s second-ranked basketball showcase event in front of a packed crowd of rabid basketball fans, Xenia had...
Marauders top Miles, 89-80
WILBERFORCE — The Central State University Marauders men’s college basketball team snapped a seven-game losing streak with an 89-80 win ov...
Marauders in New YorkNEW YORK — Competing in the HBCU Battle at the Track, Jan. 14, the Central State University track and field team went up ag...
Match victory in Miamisburg
8966—-220—Austin Stevenson Mdec Clay Gaiser 11 - 38984—-285—Josh Walls dec Cole Black 4 - 28999—-120—Kyah Patrick ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Greene County marriages
Dec. 20Asa L. Johnson of Xenia and Breanna M. Allen of Xenia applied for a marriage license. Date of marriage not on record.Andrew B. Terpstra of Beav...
Warm hearts and warm mugs
Every day life in our household continues to be quite eventful with our four little ones. Some days flow smoothly with me even getting a chance to sew...
Ask me what I’m reading in January
So many of us enjoy time spent with a good book and a warm blanket during the long nights of winter. This librarian is no exception. I’m current...
Confectionately Yours: Recipe secrets
I came across a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that contained crispy rice cereal as one of the ingredients. This was exciting to me because over 28...
DPO: Space OddityDAYTON — Space Oddity: David Brighton as David Bowie concert will be preformed 8 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 6 at the Schuster Center, ...
We navigated another year, that’s success
I love New Year’s Day. New Year’s Day celebrates the fact that we’ve shown up 365 days in a row. It’s a real accomplishment.It...
Our social structure is rigged
“It’s structure vs. agency,” my professor said to me, as if that cleared everything up.It didn’t. It was my first week of grad...
When’s the last time I’ll go home for Christmas?
The time has come again for making spirits bright. Whether we’re singing Merry Christmas or Feliz Navidad, the familiar cheer confirms the holid...
Cat’s pajamas and other signs of holiday endtimes
Your cat doesn’t want to wear pajamas. Really.This shouldn’t be a revelation to anyone who’s ever seen or met a cat. And yet there a...
The real spirit of giving
This special day got me thinking about America’s spirit of giving, and I don’t mean this overdone business of Christmas gifts. I mean our ...
How 2018 will transport Americans back to 1968
There’s a difference between nostalgia and sober reflection. The arrival of 2018 will bring an unusually powerful cocktail of both: It marks a h...