Martin to retire as township trustee
Shoppes at Fairfield Commons to host Fall Festival
FCS honors students, staff
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base to “chuck” pumpkins at annual event
- Flying discs - 9:33 am updated: 12:45 pm.
- Individual struck by train in Fairborn - 1:10 pm
- Funeral services set for Xenia teens - 11:33 am
- Xenia citizens voice support for levies - 11:31 am
- Tudor’s hosting pumpkin painting - 11:15 am
- Researchers studying methamphetamine use - 11:15 am
- House of Oddities celebrating anniversary - 11:13 am
- Veteran’s band wins national competition - 9:08 pm
- The Amish Cook: Gloria’s great pumpkin recipes - 9:08 pm
- Fran’s Favorites: Apple time - 1:30 pm
- Tobacco 21 takes effect across Ohio - 11:12 am
- Fair to highlight educational opportunities - 11:08 am
- Four adoptions set for Adoption Day - 11:08 am
- Township wraps up road, park projects - 11:07 am
- Bath Township trustee candidates address voters - 11:05 am
- City council, school board candidates speak at forum - 9:21 am updated: 10:53 am.
- Tobacco 21 takes effect across Ohio - 9:20 am
- Accident victims remembered as good kids - 4:49 pm
- Fairborn meets council candidates - 2:05 pm
- Four adoptions set for Adoption Day - 2:04 pm
- Greene County vets picked for Ohio Veterans Hall of Fame - 6:18 pm
- Extension offers Beef QA certification - 10:21 am
- Climate change to be discussed at Extension - 10:21 am
- Early voting has begun - 10:48 am
- Celebrating a century: Lifelong Greene Countian turning 100 - 9:05 am
Fran’s Favorites: Apple time
I love this time of year. It’s crisp and beautiful, and there are lots of great Ohio apples to use for cooking.I have only found one apple tree ...
Tobacco 21 takes effect across Ohio
GREENE COUNTY — A new tobacco law went into effect Oct. 17 statewide, raising the age to purchase tobacco products from 18 to 21.In July 2019, G...
Fair to highlight educational opportunities
WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE — Wright-Patterson Air Force Base is hosting its annual 88th Force Support Squadron’s Education and Traini...
Four adoptions set for Adoption Day
XENIA — In honor of National Adoption Day, community members are invited to the 2nd annual Greene County Adoption Day Open House, 9 a.m. to noon...
Township wraps up road, park projects
BATH TOWNSHIP – Bath Township has completed a number of road improvement projects and a major park project that were on township officials’...
Bath Township trustee candidates address voters
Editor’s note: This is the second story highlighting the Greene County Tea Party’s Meet the Candidates Night. It discusses candidates vyin...
Rams headed to District final
KETTERING — It took two days and a Penalty Kick round to determine the winner, but the third-seeded Greeneview Rams girls high school varsity so...
Greeneview grabs shutout win
JAMESTOWN — Eight different Greeneview Rams players scored on eight different touchdowns in a 55-0 win over Springfield Catholic Central, Oct. 1...
Rams headed to sectional finalJAMESTOWN — The Greeneview girls varsity soccer team (13-2-1) defeated 13th seeded Greenon, 3-2. Faith Rutherford ...
Patriots rally past Golden Eagles
RIVERSIDE — Bellbrook sought to set the tone of the Division I sectional semifinal soccer match with an early goal as they faced off against the...
Talented Elks stop Xenia
CENTERVILLE — Xenia saw too much of Centerville’s talent too often in an 8-0 Division I sectional tournament semifinal loss at Legacy Fiel...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Wee Hawks celebrate homecoming
Submitted photosThe Fairborn City Schools Wee Hawks celebrated the 2019 homecoming season.Submitted photosThe Fairborn City Schools Wee Hawks celebrat...
Flamingos to flock into Fairborn
FAIRBORN — Flamingos will soon flock into local yards — for a cause.The Fairborn Music Club is hosting its annual fundraiser through the s...
Meet the children and mocha shakes
Repeatedly we hear from you readers whose favorite topic is the one I enjoy writing about the most (that is next to writing about hubby, of course). S...
Commander’s outreach to students, community shatters stereotypes
XENIA — In today’s society, mentions of the police typically conjures up some pretty negative thoughts and images on the law enforcement d...
FCS community forumFAIRBORN — The Fairborn City School District will host a community forum 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1 at the Baker Middle Scho...
WIC offering free infant feeding classes
XENIA — The WIC (Women, Infants & Children) program at Greene County Public Health (GCPH) is offering free infant feeding classes designed f...
School days – not and then
It seems to me that being in public schools these days is sure a lot different from what we of the geriatric generation experienced. That conclusion i...
It’s a pretty great place to live
As we usher in October in mid-July heat, my mind wanders to the many wonderful things I didn’t realize I loved about living in the Ohio Valley. ...
Autumn’s bright colors on the way
I’m a seeing-is-believing type fellow. Not overly suspicious—but in certain matters, I wait for visual proof before accepting a proclamati...
Little Miami Watershed Network, River Stewards partnering
The Little Miami River’s role as an economic and environmental asset within the Dayton community continues to be recognized as the river is curr...
Michael Reagan: America Tunes Out the Demented Dems
It’s too bad for America that CNN’s seven-hour town hall on climate change was such a rating disaster.If 20 times as many viewers had tune...
No justice for Washington elite
It seems to me that now that all the excitement, commotion, and outright screams of rage generated by a recent report from the Department of Justice (...