American Legion hosting virtual Memorial Day ceremony
One final Fairborn High drive
Fairborn community to cheer on seniors tonight
MHRB urges workers struggling with stress during COVID-19 to seek care
A birthday slice
- Spring Valley cancels banquet - 3:03 pm
- A blessed Mother’s Day - 3:03 pm
- Primary win moves Perales closer to commission seat - 10:29 pm updated: 6:57 pm.
- Cedarville U plans to open in the fall - 7:31 pm
- Too blessed to be stressed - 7:31 pm
- Park in spots or face a tow bill - 1:29 pm
- Commissioners mask up for first meeting back - 1:29 pm
- From immigrant to pandemic fighter - 1:29 pm
- Commissioners mask up for first meeting back - 1:27 pm
- Greene County Farm Forum awards scholarships - 10:54 am
- Overcoming a personal financial emergency - 8:53 am
- Seeking the Lord — an all-out, heart-and-soul effort - 8:53 am
- For His sake - 10:27 pm
- Greene County Transit Board to receive CARES Act funding - 11:21 am
- Sheriff’s deputies stand with ‘20 graduates - 10:42 am updated: 11:22 am.
- Pizza spaghetti a hit at the Yoders - 3:26 pm
- Snells celebrating 60 years of marriage - 3:26 pm
- Public health in Greene County during the 1950s - 11:38 am
- What, me worry? - 1:07 pm
- Ohio Veterans Hall of Fame seeking nominations - 1:07 pm
- Ohio State Highway Patrol responds to SR 444 crash - 11:22 am
- Grief — walking alone in the rain - 9:13 am
- Zoom program will feature backyard gardening - 8:36 pm
- Gloria goes granola - 9:22 am
- Local couple celebrates 60 years of marriage - 9:22 am
Greene County Farm Forum awards scholarships
Greene County Farm Forum Scholarship chair Jim Byrd recently announced the 2020 scholarship recipients. Each will receive $1000 to pursue an education...
Overcoming a personal financial emergency
“Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, ‘Since God has made all this known to you, there is no one so discerning and wise as you. You should be in c...
Seeking the Lord — an all-out, heart-and-soul effort
Deuteronomy 4:29 “But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your s...
For His sake
“And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as m...
Greene County Transit Board to receive CARES Act funding
XENIA — The Greene County Transit Board will receive one share of $47.1 million in federal funding to Ohio as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relie...
Sheriff’s deputies stand with ‘20 graduates
Photo courtesy Greene County Sheriff’s OfficeGreene County Sheriff’s vehicles are paying tribute to class of 2020 graduates from all Green...
Prasco Charity Championship moved to JulyMAINEVILLE — The Symetra Tour, the official qualifying tour of the LPGA, announced that its annual Pras...
Indians offense too much for Bulldogs
ARLINGTON-like, Texas — The Cedarville Indians just had too much offense for Yellow Springs to handle, Thursday night, in a 9-2 win at Globe Lif...
Rams seek girls basketball coachJAMESTOWN — Greeneview High School, a Division III program, is looking for a Head High School Girls Basketball C...
Good bye Greene County, I’ll miss you
GREENE COUNTY — I’ve been sitting here intentionally looking for news on the Coronavirus, just to keep me from writing this column. That...
Pats’ bats come alive, shutout Legacy Christian
SIMULATED SAN DIEGO — It took a little while for the Carroll Patriots hitters to figure out Legacy Christian’s pitchers, but once they did...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Fairborn police reports
May 79:35 a.m. — Welfare check on the 100 block of Madison St.9:53 a.m. — Welfare check on the 400 block of Wallace Drive.10:08 a.m. Welfa...
WPAFB to initiate first phase of return plan next week
WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE — As state governments around the country begin to allow businesses and other facilities to reopen as the corona...
Thank you, Fairborn
Well, Fairborn, the time has come.I have accepted employment outside of the communications industry and am leaving my post at the Fairborn Daily Heral...
WSU art students host mask-making contest
FAIRBORN — A colorful blue-and-yellow, reversible protective mask with hanging shells took the top honor in a mask-making contest among Wright S...
Auxiliary Unit 526 donates masks, hosting fundraiser
FAIRBORN — When the word was out that the Dayton VA was on a total lockdown except for staff, patients and those veterans who use the facility f...
What’s race got to do with it?
Not surprisingly, considering the events unfolding in Georgia recently, I have been engaged in discussions on race, racism, privilege, etc., for much ...
Christine Flowers: Hiding behind reasons not to wear a mask
I have been trying to do my civic duty. I stay more than 6 feet away from most people. I live alone, so my trips to the store are surgical strikes. I ...
Small changes can bring big improvements for Ohio elections
Ohio completed its primary election on April 28 in a way that no one ever envisioned, but in a way that was necessitated by the global pandemic. While...
Look at, but don’t touch the bloodroot
With stay-at-home orders and no school, flooding of the Little Miami River, and spring, it is hard to make sense of what is happening in our world. We...
Pondering life after an epidemic
Like most people I am wondering not only when the epidemic will be controlled and eventually gone, but what lasting impact this disease will have on t...
Take a visit to John Bryan
Ohio is fortunate to have a number of wonderful state parks, each with its own particular themes of interest.One of the nicest of those state parks in...