Food distribution event to help those in need
WPAFB launching Incident Review Board
Art on the Lawn showcases local creativity
Student appointed to serve board of trustees
FAA meeting to feature Rosie Huart
- Food distribution event to help those in need - 4:30 pm
- WPAFB launching Incident Review Board - 4:29 pm
- Art on the Lawn showcases local creativity - 4:29 pm
- Student appointed to serve board of trustees - 4:27 pm
- FAA meeting to feature Rosie Huart - 4:27 pm
- New facility ready for GCPH - 4:04 pm
- Air Force Marathon to feature MAJOM Challenge - 4:01 pm
- Employee donates kidney to colleague - 4:01 pm
- WPAFB offering “Food on the Run” truck - 4:00 pm
- Parks, beekeepers to host honey harvest - 8:48 am
- Township addresses zoning issues - 5:48 pm
- Fairborn to celebrate sweet corn at festival slated for Aug. 18-19 - 5:47 pm
- Kirkpatrick, Luckner crowned king and queen - 5:47 pm
- Club to host 10K during festival - 5:46 pm
- Local libraries announce programs - 8:29 am
- Young engineers - 4:37 pm
- August is National Immunization Awareness Month - 4:37 pm
- Fall, festivals coming soon - 4:37 pm
- National Museum of the United States Air Force to present WWI drama - 4:36 pm
- Sewer rate increase may be lower - 4:33 pm
- Fran’s Favorites: Garden Salsa & Pesto - 8:43 am
- Cat of the week: Sammy - 8:43 am
- Dog of the week: Winnie - 8:43 am
- WSU aiming to increase enrollment - 4:32 pm
- Museum to highlight National Aviation Day - 4:32 pm
Parks, beekeepers to host honey harvest
BEAVERCREEK — Greene County Parks & Trails and the Greene County Beekeepers will harvest honey off this year’s hives 12-3 p.m. Saturda...
Township addresses zoning issues
BATH TOWNSHIP — Bath Township Zoning Inspector Jim Miller addressed two ongoing zoning issues in the township before the township board of trust...
Fairborn to celebrate sweet corn at festival slated for Aug. 18-19
FAIRBORN — The smell of buttery golden nuggets will soon fill the air as the 37th Annual Sweet Corn Festival is slated to take place Saturday, A...
Kirkpatrick, Luckner crowned king and queen
FAIRBORN — Col. (ret.) Dan Kirkpatrick and Lori Sue Luckner have been crowned the 2018 Sweet Corn Festival King and Queen. They will be attendin...
Club to host 10K during festival
FAIRBORN — Ohio Wander Freude - Fairborn’s Volkssporting Club will host its annual 10K walk in conjunction with the Fairborn Sweet Corn Fe...
Local libraries announce programs
GREENE COUNTY — The Greene County Community Libraries will hold a variety of programs for the month of August. Some programs require registratio...
WSU women picked third
FAIRBORN — The Horizon League women’s soccer preseason poll was released Aug. 14, and the Wright State University Raiders find themselves ...
Carroll wins Shady Bowl Modified featureDEGRAFF — Cedarville’s Mike Carroll grabbed the lead with 10 laps to go and held on for the win in...
Fairgrounds’ tennis courts resurfaced
XENIA — Opening in time for the 2018 girls high school tennis season, Greene County Parks & Trails (GCP&T) unveiled six newly-resurfaced...
Raiders ready for women’s season to start
FAIRBORN — Wright State University women’s soccer coach Pat Ferguson pointed to his team’s pace when describing their strengths. Com...
Kil-Kare Drag Racing resultsXENIA — Results from Saturday’s Aug. 11 bracket drag racing at Kil-Kare Dragway with class, drivers’ nam...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Marc’s opens to public
Whitney Vickers | Greene County NewsMarc’s — an Ohio-based grocery store — has opened its first area location at 2100 E. Whipp Road ...
Greene County parks events
XENIA — Greene County Parks & Trails (GCP&T) will host a variety of upcoming events. For more information or to register for programs, c...
Fairborn City Schools hires new treasurer
FAIRBORN — The Fairborn City School District approved the employment of Kevin Philo to serve as treasurer at the Aug. 2 school board meeting. He...
Sewer rate payers may see increase
XENIA — Greene County sewer rate payers may see an increase in their rates this year.During a work session July 26, County Administrator Brandon...
YSAC hosting ‘Into the Garden’ as August show
YELLOW SPRINGS — The Yellow Springs Arts Council is hosting “Into the Garden” — new work by local artist Christine Klinger ...
Radical measure for dealing with sin
When you get one thing under control it seems that a number of other things pop up to take its place. This happens in all areas of life but especially...
What’s at stake if Brett Kavanaugh joins the court
President Donald Trump has nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh to replace former Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy. Why should you care? Because every...
Small newsrooms of today
It’s not a complaint, it’s a fact — the newsroom is one-third the size it was 20 plus years ago.I don’t think many people real...
What’s behind Trump’s attacks on Europe?
Donald Trump didn’t fly to Europe to meet with NATO, European leaders, and Russian President Vladimir Putin. He got there by stepping through th...
Abolishing ICE isn’t radical — it’s rational
As someone who was born and raised in the border state of New Mexico, I’m very familiar with political speak about immigrants and the border, es...
The Supreme Court is a slurring, undemocratic mess
The Supreme Court is a real piece of work. Over the last few days it’s been popping off far-right proclamations like a drunk uncle at Thanksgivi...