New details in WSU rape case
County employees respond to lawsuit
GCPH beginning Phase 1B vaccinations
Skyborn Theater sign taken down
Vaccines ramping up, availability a concern
- Skyborn Theater sign taken down - 5:51 pm
- ODOT releases construction update - 12:57 pm
- Pie crust: Technique is important - 3:40 pm
- Local woman helps children deal with loss and grief - 1:22 pm updated: 1:23 pm.
- Remote learning planned for Wauseon Schools after break - 4:51 pm
- Time to clean up the garden - 12:46 pm
- A different Thanksgiving dinner - 8:56 am
- BW Greenway seeks volunteers to remove honeysuckle - 4:20 pm updated: 4:24 pm.
- ODOT gives construction updates - 1:56 pm
- Greene County Career Center honor roll - 1:55 pm
- We won’t miss his coming - 9:07 am
- Parents and children together - 9:07 am
- Get on the right train: An effective response to anxiety - 9:06 am
- Efforts to identify veterans at risk of dementia intensifying locally - 10:26 am
- No Gazette, Herald mail deliveries on Veterans Day - 10:28 am
- Finding ’deep peace from a Higher hand’ - 5:38 pm
- All 88 counties on board for Imagination Library - 5:38 pm
- Lampton elected representative of 73rd House District - 9:33 pm
- BOE releases unofficial final results - 9:32 pm
- Probate judge keeps seat on bench - 9:32 pm
- Fairborn votes in favor of Issue 22 - 10:31 pm updated: 12:19 pm.
- Fairbornites get out the vote - 10:06 pm
- UPDATED: Perales wins place on county commission, again - 10:05 pm updated: 1:12 pm.
- UPDATED: An early look at election numbers - 10:02 pm updated: 10:50 pm.
- Exercising the right - 9:58 pm
Greene County Career Center honor roll
XENIA — The Greene County Career Center released its first quarter honor roll.The following students were recognized for achievement in their ca...
We won’t miss his coming
“So, if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do ...
Parents and children together
“… and so he stole the hearts of the men of Israel.” 2 Samuel 15:6bA number of years ago, a 41-year-old California high school teach...
Get on the right train: An effective response to anxiety
Psalm 148:13 “Let them praise the name of the LORD, For His name alone is exalted; His glory is above earth and heaven.”This has been a ye...
Efforts to identify veterans at risk of dementia intensifying locally
DAYTON — Willie Norman Walker was a Korean War veteran who regularly read the newspaper, loved to do crossword puzzles everyday that challenged ...
No Gazette, Herald mail deliveries on Veterans Day
Due to Veterans Day, Xenia Daily Gazette and Fairborn Daily Herald mail subscriptions will not be delivered on Wednesday because it is a holiday for t...
Defense leads Legacy to big win
YELLOW SPRINGS — During a first-half timeout Saturday, Legacy girls basketball coach Mark Combs reminded his team of the importance of defense, ...
Golden Eagles survive sting from Hornets
BELLBROOK — Late-game execution was the difference for Bellbrook in a key Southwestern Buckeye League game against Monroe Thursday.Up four after...
Bulked up, Caupp a force for Xenia
XENIA — Matthew Caupp does the bulk of his work inside the paint.So the Xenia High School 6 foot, 5 inch senior spent the off-season bulking up....
Hoops is life for Cedarville junior
CEDARVILLE — It’s all about basketball for Ciara Horney.Even during another sports season, roundball remains in the mind of the Cedarville...
Milestone win special for Bellbrook coach
BELLBROOK — Jason Tincher never really saw himself as a girls basketball coach.“I was going to coach boys basketball,” the 1990 Bell...
Raiders sweep Detroit in HL openers
FAIRBORN — The Wright State men’s basketball team completed a weekend sweep at Detroit Mercy last weekend, posting 93-70 and 85-72 wins.WS...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Fairborn Holiday EventsThe City of Fairborn has a map on their Facebook page displaying all the entrants of the Holiday Home Decorating Contest. The m...
Fairborn High School students inducted into National Honors Society
FAIRBORN — Fairborn High School recently inducted students into its chapter of the National Honors Society. Students in grades 10-12 must have a...
Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society inducts 11 Wright State students
FAIRBORN — Eleven students at Wright State University were inducted into the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi this year. Phi Kappa Phi is the nati...
CBC: 12 Days of Christmas Blood Drive
DAYTON — Blood donors can “Give Local and Save Local” this holiday season by supporting the Community Blood Center “12 Days of...
December 112:27 a.m. — Hit skip crash in the block of Skyhawk Court and East Dayton Yellow Springs Road3:41 a.m. — Business or bank alarm ...
Heal? Nope, improve
Now that former VP Joe Biden has (unofficially) won the election, there are a lot of cries about healing America.I believe they are using the wrong te...
Evolution of a holiday
It seems to me that the upcoming holiday on Nov. 11, Veterans Day, (not Veteran’s Day as some may think) has an interesting past.It started out ...
Another ethanol program?
It seems to me that the ever increasing clamor to get rid of or otherwise decrease our dependence on fossil-fueled vehicles may well generate some int...
Carnegie building houses many memories
Greene County residents are fortunate to have such a fine library system.Books of all sorts are available to check out or one can sit in a comfortable...
Why I voted for Amy Coney Barrett
This week, I was proud to vote to confirm Judge Amy Coney Barrett to serve on the Supreme Court. She is an impressive person and a distinguished legal...
Tales of Xenia: Junior High day
Coming home from the YMCA recently I had a flashback when the song “Bad Girls” by Donna Summer came on the radio.This song is from about 1...