Greene County CIC awards grants
Central State names George Ragsdale interim head football coach
FIS sending home literacy bags
GCESC receives five-year trauma grant
First section of major wetland trail opens to public
- Wright State Theatre presenting ‘Mamma Mia!’ - 12:56 pm
- WSU, Sinclair renew education partnership - 11:24 am
- Greene County CIC awards grants - 7:41 am
- Central State names George Ragsdale interim head football coach - 11:00 am
- FIS sending home literacy bags - 9:52 am
- Life lessons from football - 9:51 am
- A prayer for when you are done - 9:51 am
- Take heart - 9:49 am
- First section of major wetland trail opens to public - 9:45 am updated: 11:36 am.
- Several running for city council - 9:43 am
- BHS grad to ‘dot the i” - 3:56 pm
- Fran’s Favorites: A fun 50s recipe‘Surprise Pie’ for Labor Day Weekend - 1:01 pm
- Canines display obedience skills - 9:35 pm
- 4-H fair participation ends - 9:35 pm
- First year, first place - 7:41 pm
- Brother and sister first time in showmanship - 7:41 pm
- Hard work pays off for Cline and his swine - 7:41 pm
- Schommer named Bellbrook city manager - 7:41 pm
- Suspension recommended for county probate court judge - 6:53 pm
- Military museum finds home downtown - 2:32 pm updated: 3:13 pm.
- Wright-Patt reinstitutes mask mandate - 12:09 pm
- Fairborn Civic Band to present 25th anniversary concert - 12:08 pm updated: 1:06 pm.
- Court-martial date set for former AFRL commander - 10:38 am
- Fantastic adventures - 1:12 pm
- Little Art Theatre names new director - 1:37 pm
Several running for city council
FAIRBORN — City council will have three new members next year.Five residents are on the ballot in November and none are current council members....
BHS grad to ‘dot the i”
COLUMBUS — When he made The Ohio State University Marching Band as an alternate his sophomore year, Ben Murawski wasn’t all that disappoin...
Fran’s Favorites: A fun 50s recipe‘Surprise Pie’ for Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day weekend is class reunion weekend around my hometown. I’ve been looking through some old pictures and keepsakes thinking about my class...
Canines display obedience skills
Photos by Darryl McGee | Greene County NewsOn the final day of the 2021 Greene County Fair, dogs displayed their obedience skills in the Dog Showmansh...
4-H fair participation ends
XENIA — Brandon Barr participated in his final Greene County Fair Market Beef Showmanship & Beef Breeding event last Thursday. The 19-year-o...
First year, first place
XENIA — Two nine-year-old girls spent their first Greene County Fair as 4-H members wrangling lambs twice their size in the Homegrown Sheep Show...
Bellbrook wins on Senior Night
BELLBROOK — Bellbrook found itself getting back on the winning track with a Senior Night victory against Franklin at Miami Valley South Stadium ...
Season hits home stretch
XENIA — The first of two end-of-season showdowns in Miami Valley League play arrives for Xenia this week.The Bucs are in first-place in the Vall...
Bellbrook wins sectional title
SPRINGFIELD — The Southwestern Buckeye League champions continued its quality run of play Tuesday in securing a sectional title at Reid ParkR...
Beavercreek takes down Northmont
BEAVERCREEK — Beavercreek and Northmont both came into Tuesday’s matchup on lengthy unbeaten streaks.Neither had to see those streaks end,...
Xenia holds on to beat Butler
XENIA — Xenia jumped on Butler early and then hung on late to beat the Aviators, 40-34, in Miami Valley League football action Friday.The Bucs (...
Yellow Springs volleyball shows some grit
YELLOW SPRINGS — Despite winning in straight sets against Legacy Christian on Tuesday night, the Yellow Springs volleyball team didn’t hav...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
May 201:46 a.m. — Suspicious person in the 200 block of Landmark Court2:02 a.m. — Domestic dispute in the 2100 block of Rockdell Drive3:30...
Park cleanup June 4
FAIRBORN —Greene County Public Health is asking for volunteers to clean up cigarette butts from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., Friday June 4 at Central Park...
Fairborn High School Quarter 2 Honor Roll
FAIRBORN — Fairborn High School released its second quarter honor roll and principal’s list.The following students were recognized for the...
Yellow Springs farmers market returns
YELLOW SPRINGS — The Yellow Springs farmers market is up and running in its new location in the John Bryan Community Center Parking Lot. The far...
CBC May blood drive events
DAYTON — The Community Blood Center has several upcoming blood drives all over Greene County for the month of May.St. Brigid Catholic Church wil...
CBC blood drive at Youngs Dairy April 22
YELLOW SPRINGS —Young’s Jersey Dairy Farm will be hosting a community blood drive from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. onThursday, April 22 at 6880...
Fran’s Favorites: Fish Ohio — Lake Erie
Fish Ohio Day promotes the wonderful jewel that is Lake Erie. The lake is not only such a great resource, but also is so important for commerce and to...
Remembering Wendell Cultice
Wendell Cultice was a native of Xenia who held three different degrees from Bowling Green State University, where his name is engraved on the “W...
Fran’s Favorites: Christening gowns and cherry crisp
It’s been a busy, busy week at the Governor’s Residence but it is so good to have life back to normal.On Tuesday we had a picnic in the ba...
Fran’s Favorites: Fish Ohio — inland lakes
It is just wonderful enjoying the outdoors with our families. Ohioans are doing it this summer more than they ever have before.This past weekend Mike ...
Legacy of slavery
American chattel slavery lasted from 1619-1865. It ended formally with the ratification of the 13th Amendment to the Constitution which outlawed slave...
Our new gods
It seems to me that we might learn a lot about today’s society by looking backwards to the time of the ancient Romans.You see, religion was an i...