Story Chain reaches first GCBDD family
Greene CATS to receive state funding
Meetings to discuss proposed income tax increase
Families get crafty
Trustees assign 2020 duties
- Meetings to discuss proposed income tax increase - 12:02 pm
- Story Chain reaches first GCBDD family - 8:34 am
- Firefighter organization donates to FPS - 12:02 pm
- ‘Creek planning director dies - 11:39 am
- Real estate tax bills mailed, due Feb. 21 - 11:37 am
- Fairborn to host St. Pat-Rocks Day - 3:24 pm
- Truck plant friends donate for life - 11:24 am
- A first year in review - 3:42 pm
- Greene County parks events - 10:28 am
- Farm Forum to discuss hemp - 10:27 am
- Blood returned to CBC donor - 10:27 am
- GCCC rebrands with fresh logo - 2:04 pm
- GCCC hosting open house, chili supper - 2:00 pm
- A never-failing sense of security - 10:15 am
- Carrying our cross - 10:15 am
- Today in history - 1:16 pm
- Cat of the week: Judy - 1:16 pm
- Carroll’s Call for Talent tickets on sale - 1:16 pm
- Scholarship honors wildlife officer - 1:16 pm
- Two generations ago: Winter 1970 - 10:13 am
- The Amish Cook: Flocking to the Yoders’ - 10:13 am
- DeWine to co-chair Appalachian Commission - 9:05 am
- Time to renew applicator certifications - 9:05 am
- Area Religion Digest - 9:05 am
- Beavercreek police officer takes oath - 10:30 am
Farm Forum to discuss hemp
XENIA — Greene Co. Farm Forum starts 2020 with a “hot” topic courtesy of Jamie Arthur titled “raising hemp.” Our speaker...
Blood returned to CBC donor
DAYTON — Tom Peters is spending this winter at home instead of in the classroom with his special education students or helping with the school...
GCCC rebrands with fresh logo
XENIA — Greene County Career Center is not just moving into a new decade, but also transitioning into a new facility in 2020. While keeping with...
GCCC hosting open house, chili supper
XENIA — Parents of 8th, 9th and 10th graders are invited to Greene County Career Center’s annual Open House and Chili Supper 5-7 p.m. Thur...
A never-failing sense of security
Psalm 20:7 “Some boast in chariots and some in horses, But we will boast in the name of the Lord, our God.”Where do you go to find safety ...
Carrying our cross
“And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.” (Luke 14:27)Following Jesus takes only one thing: Death! Th...
Boys HS bowling Honor RollAs of Jan. 23, 2020Top individual and team bowling averages for Greene county area schools, with ranking, name, school, team...
Lumberjacks win over BellbrookOAKWOOD — Host Oakwood built a 30-22 halftime lead, then held on in the second half to claim a 72-67 boys high sch...
Ill Knights earn road win
YELLOW SPRINGS — Legacy Christian enjoyed a rare road win, as the Knights and Yellow Springs battled aches, bruises and player suspensions on Tu...
Marauders take two from Lane
WILBERFORCE —A game-high effort on the men’s side, and an explosive fourth quarter for the women, earned CentralState University pair of c...
Greeneview solid at Muskingum TourneyWILMINGTON — The Greeneview High School boys and girls varsity bowling teams competed in the Muskingum Tour...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Winter recessFAIRBORN — Fairborn City Schools has scheduled its winter recess through Friday, Jan. 3, 2020.Candy Canes and Cheer art showYELLOW ...
Village Artisans hosting call for entries
YELLOW SPRINGS — Village Artisans Gallery in Yellow Springs is announcing a call for entries for an upcoming show titled “Dare 2B a Little...
Fairborn Fire promotes two
FAIRBORN — The City of Fairborn welcomed two new fire lieutenants on Friday morning.Craig Walter and Mike Reichert were sworn in Friday by City ...
Opera house hosting Hometown Christmas
CEDARVILLE — Cedarville Opera House will present its 3rd annual Hometown Christmas 6:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15.Amy Allen, a local music teacher an...
WSU offering scholarship funds
FAIRBORN — For the second year in a row, the Wright State University Foundation is accepting applications for the Students First Fund — a ...
Delivering results for Ohio
If you only watched national cable news, you’d probably think not much was accomplished over the past year, and that Democrats and Republicans w...
Kids say the darndest things
I’ve always heard the phrase “out of the mouths of babes,” but I was reminded of the truth it holds during a recent Wednesday evenin...
Those newly highlighted foodstuffs
It seems to me that those newly highlighted “organic” and “non-meat meat” foodstuff offerings at the grocery store sure make l...
The Methodist Church is coming apart
The initial reports read to me a bit like the losers won, but the church of my upbringing is on the verge of coming apart after decades of internal tu...
Xenia High School in the 1960’s
Going to high school in the 60s was exciting. Because of the newly minted anti-establishment revolution almost all of my classmates were of the opinio...
Will proposal change Ohio’s official beverage?
I like both apples and tomatoes. But my palate does not like the juice from either. Does my taste preference disqualify me from penning this column?Oh...