Proudly flying the flag
Board of Elections accepting absentee ballot requests
Proudly flying the flag
Fairborn teachers offering virtual lessons in response to school closures
WSU donates PPE to local hospitals
- Proudly flying the flag - 9:58 am
- Board of Elections accepting absentee ballot requests - 9:58 am
- Proudly flying the flag - 9:57 am
- Fairborn teachers offering virtual lessons in response to school closures - 9:18 am updated: 9:19 am.
- WSU donates PPE to local hospitals - 9:09 am
- Appeals filed to overturn decision - 9:09 am
- Churches adapting to coronavirus restrictions - 6:02 pm
- County taking stay-at-home order ‘very seriously’ - 2:29 pm
- Coronavirus has no age limits - 11:33 am
- Sheriff’s office adjusts policies, prepares for spread - 8:55 am
- Traffic detour scheduled for March 30 - 8:55 am
- Life on the other side - 8:52 am
- Warm winter could mean more insects - 8:52 am
- WPAFB under public health emergency - 12:25 pm
- FFD, FPD aiming to keep themselves, public safe - 12:24 pm
- ‘We miss you’ - 12:23 pm
- County taking stay-at-home order ‘very seriously’ - 12:21 pm
- Getting through these challenging times - 8:28 am
- Yellow Springs responds to pandemic - 8:27 am
- City continues response - 8:27 am
- Stay at home order announced - 10:18 pm updated: 8:26 am.
- Ohio governor issues stay at home order - 2:56 pm updated: 4:16 pm.
- Reaching out while we’re apart - 12:16 pm
- FVPC: ‘We are here’ for victims - 12:13 pm
- WPAFB responds to COVID-19 pandemic - 12:12 pm
Sheriff’s office adjusts policies, prepares for spread
XENIA — The Greene County Sheriff’s Office has changed some policies in an effort to protect its employees, inmates and the public from th...
Traffic detour scheduled for March 30
FAIRBORN — Fairborn motorists will be detoured at the city’s upcoming roundabout — where Kauffman Avenue meets Col. Glenn Highway ...
Life on the other side
“When Jesus saw her weeping and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled. ‘Where have...
Warm winter could mean more insects
XENIA — Warmer than average winters often bring predictions of higher than normal insect populations developing in the spring, and whether this ...
WPAFB under public health emergency
WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE — Col. Thomas Sherman, commander of the 88th Air Base Wing commander of Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, declare...
FFD, FPD aiming to keep themselves, public safe
FAIRBORN — While the City of Fairborn Fire and Police Departments are still operational during the COVID-19 pandemic, slight changes have been m...
Bucs rally a bunch in win over Fairborn
SIMULATED GREENE COUNTY — In a back and fourth simulated softball game between then-Greater Western Ohio Conference foes Fairborn and Xenia, it ...
Buckeye QBs set to show their stuff
COLUMBUS — There was never any doubt Ohio State wanted to get two quarterbacks in its 2020 recruiting class.If there was a surprise, it was that...
SIMULATED XENIA — In perhaps the most exciting simulation of a high school baseball game this season so far, the visiting Beavercreek Beavers ne...
OHSAA Winter tournaments now cancelled
COLUMBUS — The Ohio High School Athletic Association announced on Thursday March 26 that the winter sports tournaments of wrestling, basketball ...
Carroll picks off win over Xenia
SIMULATED FAIRBORN — Carroll High School starting pitcher Matthew McMahan struck out 11 Xenia batters, and picked off another three Buccaneer ba...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Xenia student inducted into National Honor Society
COLUMBUS — A Xenia student at Great River Connections Academy (GRCA) was recently inducted into the National Honor Society in recognition of her...
DAR honors veterans
Submitted photoThe Rebecca Galloway Chapter DAR recognized and honored two Vietnam Veterans at the annual Enon Community Historical Society meeting. D...
Extended museum hoursWRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE — The National Museum of the United States Air Force will provide an option to visit during...
The Amish Cook: Gloria’s heart-warming chicken noodle soup
Good morning from our house to yours. I’ll tell you what, since the last time I came in touch with you, lots has happened; some great and some f...
The Amish Cook: Gloria shares Grandma’s creamy noodles
Time keeps marching faster than I can keep up with. I can hardly believe that I’m almost halfway through my waiting period for our little darlin...
I Came, I saw, iPad
As promised, or, as some like to say, warned, this is the second installment about my buying a new iPad. Writing two columns about buying a piece of t...
Standard set for paid sick leave
Walmart, the nation’s largest private employer, set a standard for the rest of the private sector on Tuesday by announcing that, in addition to ...
Lessons from a shopping cart
The next time you shop at Aldi, you might get something unexpected: Positive human interaction with strangers.If you haven’t shopped at the groc...
WASHINGTON — Except for wrapping duct tape around my head, I’m trying not to get hysterical over the coronavirus.I know, it’s not fu...
Spying hepaticas by happenstance
I didn’t set out to admire wildflowers. I’d gone to the farm-and-feed store to purchase S-hooks and other items needed for a bird-feeder b...
Commissioners should support all amendments
Now that the Greene County commissioners have voted in favor of a resolution supporting the second amendment, do you think that they could take a few ...