FCS opening preschool, kindergarten registration
Man pleads guilty in Fairborn police officer shooting
Fairborn school bus involved in crash
WPAFB hosting active shooter exercises
GCPH offering smoker cessation provider training
- Greene Farm Bureau attend Ag Day - 12:06 pm
- Foxes and turtles and bears, oh my! - 5:53 pm
- Court of appeals, state senate candidates speak - 5:52 pm
- ‘Creek Weekend of Jazz kicks off Thursday - 5:52 pm
- Candidates vie for spot on commission - 11:15 am
- DeWine, Hayes use forum to make their case for prosecutor - 11:15 am
- Congressional candidates speak at local forum - 11:12 am
- Today in History - 10:26 am
- SEAL parachute team added to air show - 10:26 am
- GCCC HOSA students advance to State - 10:26 am
- Two in race for clerk of courts - 10:26 am updated: 11:13 am.
- Eckhart passes away - 11:31 am
- Under the clock tower - 11:29 am
- Grinnell Road case will go to grand jury - 12:35 pm
- The Amish Cook: Naming the Yoders’ baby - 6:44 pm
- Voter registration deadline is Tuesday - 9:06 am updated: 10:42 am.
- A passion for parks - 9:05 am
- Farm Forum to discuss food safety - 9:33 am
- Humane Society reaches milestone - 9:33 am
- Service Academy nominees congratulated - 9:33 am
- Cattlemen to hold annual banquet - 9:33 am
- Sheriff identifies shooting victims - 5:26 pm updated: 8:19 pm.
- UPDATED: Two dead after Grinnell Road crime - 1:11 pm updated: 9:40 pm.
- Township BZA hosting public hearing - 11:44 am
- WSU to create new health-focused college - 11:43 am
GCCC HOSA students advance to State
XENIA - Sixteen Greene County Career Center students have advanced to the Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) State Leadership Conference in...
Two in race for clerk of courts
XENIA — Greene County’s current clerk of courts has a challenger in the March 17 primary.Clerk of Courts AJ Williams and Christy L. Ahrens...
Eckhart passes away
FAIRBORN — Dr. Alicia Eckhart, the City of Fairborn’s parks and recreation director, passed away on Friday, Feb. 14.The City of Fairborn r...
Under the clock tower
Photos by Anna Bolton | Greene County NewsBailiff Ron Mellotte talks about his job to a group of 8th- and 9th-grade homeschoolers touring the Greene C...
Grinnell Road case will go to grand jury
XENIA — The Greene County prosecutor says no charges have been filed yet in last week’s Grinnell Road double shooting case, but it will go...
The Amish Cook: Naming the Yoders’ baby
Time keeps marching faster than I can keep up with. I can hardly believe that I’m almost halfway through my waiting period or our little darling...
Cedarville’s Trent Koning named Athlete of the Month
Trent Koning (right), shown with Mike Reed of Edward Jones Investments, was chosen as the Edward Jones Investments Athlete of the Month for December 2...
Carroll senior forward Jaden Dahm (2) puts up a hook shot over a Troy defender, Feb. 22 in a 52-35 Patriots win in a Division I sectional first round ...
Patriots third at GCLC wrestling tournament
MIDDLETOWN — The Carroll High School wrestling team took third place overall during Friday’s Feb. 21 Greater Catholic League Co-ed Champio...
WEEKEND BASKETBALL RESULTSSaturday, Feb. 22BOYS BASKETBALLSectional TournamentsCarroll 52, Troy 35Beavercreek 80, Lebanon 58Cedarville 67, Yellow Spri...
Legacy defense aids in first-round win
TROY — A change in defense led to several second-half East Dayton Christian miscues, and a dose of solid shooting also helped, in a 57-40 Legacy...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Chrystal appointed as Veteran’s Service commissioner
Submitted photoChris Chrystal is sworn in as the new Greene County Veteran’s Service commissioner by Judge Michael A. Buckwalter at the Greene C...
Human trafficking subject of WU panel
WILBERFORCE — The Department of Justice secured convictions against 526 human traffickers during fiscal year 2018.Of those, 501 involved predomi...
Police search for owner of pig
Submitted photosFairborn Police officers were called to a potbellied pig on the loose near South Central and McLaughlin Avenue Jan. 3. If individuals ...
Winter recessFAIRBORN — Fairborn City Schools has scheduled its winter recess through Friday, Jan. 3, 2020.Candy Canes and Cheer art showYELLOW ...
Davis turning 100 years old
FAIRBORN — Long-time Fairborn resident Garnet Davis will turn 100 years old Saturday, Jan. 4, 2020.Davis has called the City of Fairborn home fo...
‘Crankshaft’ joins the comics page
If you like your newspaper’s comic strips locally sourced along with your produce, you’re in luck.Starting this week, the Xenia Daily Gaze...
Many years have passed since the first cotillion was offered for young women in the area. Many will remember the event as one of the most lavish and d...
A few political comments
As members of my family and I were discussing politics this weekend, my son Lance said, “I had never considered that.”His statement was in...
Logically, Greene County should be called the “birthplace of aviation.” The Wright brothers lived and worked in Dayton, made their first f...
Without civility, our system doesn’t work
When he was just a young teenage schoolboy, George Washington sat down and copied out 110 “Rules of Civility & Decent Behavior.” Many ...
Writer supports Protect Vulnerable Children Act
I recently had the honor of standing with Rep. Bill Dean at the State Capitol as he introduced the Protect Vulnerable Children Act (PVCA). This legisl...