GC airport to receive ARPA money
Horse escapes track during harness race program
Barron beats the heat in beef win
New EMS ATV on view at GC Fair
- Ohio has Dolly Parton Day - 12:24 pm
- Camp time - 2:42 pm
- Horse escapes track during harness race program - 10:13 pm updated: 11:00 pm.
- Hawkins wins historic calf scramble (PHOTOS) - 11:35 pm updated: 11:41 pm.
- It’s fair time! - 10:44 pm
- Citizens want public hearings regarding biodigster - 2:18 pm updated: 12:04 pm.
- View Story - 11:05 am
- GC Sheriff plans to maintain presence at fair - 11:40 am
- Vacation Bible school coming to Xenia - 2:30 pm
- Xenia couple killed after accident on U.S. 35 - 9:34 am
- Former county prosecutor retires - 1:54 pm updated: 2:48 pm.
- New STEAM school delaying opening - 12:21 pm
- Meeker assumes command of 88th ABW - 7:56 pm
- Celebrating the ‘Mill-centennial’ - 7:45 pm
- Standing firm in God’s freedom - 11:21 am
- Sweet land of liberty - 11:21 am
- In focus - 11:21 am
- Officials break ground on local state park - 4:36 pm updated: 6:13 pm.
- Xenia couple celebrating 75th wedding anniversary - 11:44 pm
- FIS construction delayed - 12:40 pm
- Letter to superintendents provides updates on school safety, HB 99 - 10:43 pm
- View Story - 9:47 am
- FCS hires chief security supervisor - 12:05 am
- Man sentenced in 2016 shooting death - 11:57 pm
- Greeneview Middle School announces students of month - 11:46 pm
Xenia couple killed after accident on U.S. 35
SILVERCREEK TOWNSHIP — A Xenia couple died after a two-vehicle accident on U.S. 35 near S.R. 72 in eastern Greene County early Friday morning.Ac...
Former county prosecutor retires
XENIA — After 47 years at the Greene County Prosecutor’s Office, Civil Division Chief and former Prosecuting Attorney Stephen K. Haller re...
New STEAM school delaying opening
XENIA — The new independent public school set to be in session this fall Xenia has pushed back its opening.Dr. Jeremy Ervin, founder and chief a...
Meeker assumes command of 88th ABW
WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE — Hundreds gathered Thursday at the National Museum of the United States Air Force Change of Command ceremony.Co...
Celebrating the ‘Mill-centennial’
XENIA — A positive outlook on life is one of those “keys to success” in aging for Millicent Bates, and she certainly has much to smi...
Standing firm in God’s freedom
Galatians 5:1 “It is for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and so not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.”J...
Outrider stays active to save horses
XENIA — Christina Smith made a quick assessment of the situation on Wednesday where two horses roamed free on the grandstand track at the Greene...
Slone horses have big night at fair
XENIA — Harness racing at the Greene County Fair on Thursday turned into a happy night for Chad Slone of Jamestown.The owner of several local ho...
Pulling their limit: Truck pull (PHOTOS)
XENIA — The Central Ohio Truck Pull Circuit held its truck pulling competitions on Tuesday at the Greene County Fair grandstand. Darrell Little...
Wrecking the competition
XENIA — Cassity Adams-Wilson finished third in the ring, but first and fan affection at Monday night’s Smash It Demolition Derby.The Xenia...
XCS moving to cashless ticket sales
XENIA — Xenia High School has announced all ticket sales for athletic events will be cashless transactions beginning with the 2022 fall season.A...
McPherson officially in OHSAA record book
XENIA — Tori McPherson officially earned her way into the OHSAA softball record books for her play during the 2022 spring season.The Xenia junio...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
May 201:46 a.m. — Suspicious person in the 200 block of Landmark Court2:02 a.m. — Domestic dispute in the 2100 block of Rockdell Drive3:30...
Park cleanup June 4
FAIRBORN —Greene County Public Health is asking for volunteers to clean up cigarette butts from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., Friday June 4 at Central Park...
Fairborn High School Quarter 2 Honor Roll
FAIRBORN — Fairborn High School released its second quarter honor roll and principal’s list.The following students were recognized for the...
Yellow Springs farmers market returns
YELLOW SPRINGS — The Yellow Springs farmers market is up and running in its new location in the John Bryan Community Center Parking Lot. The far...
CBC May blood drive events
DAYTON — The Community Blood Center has several upcoming blood drives all over Greene County for the month of May.St. Brigid Catholic Church wil...
CBC blood drive at Youngs Dairy April 22
YELLOW SPRINGS —Young’s Jersey Dairy Farm will be hosting a community blood drive from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. onThursday, April 22 at 6880...
Contact public officials
Letter to the editor policy
The Xenia Daily Gazette and Fairborn Daily Herald encourages readers to write letters to the editor:• Letters should be typed, or printed legibl...
Grandparents raising grandchildren
Some of us realize that circumstances have always created the need for grandparents to step into the void when their children are unable or unwilling ...
Fran’s Favorites: XC Camp, buttermilk brownies with buckeye frosting
The beautiful weather we had this week was just perfect for the cross country camp we hosted on our farm.Our son-in-law Bill is the coach, and he brou...
Negotiations between township, Renergy could be win-win for residents
Considerable attention has been given to the biodigester operation in Bath Township as there are numerous concerns about the odor, road wear and tear,...
Fran’s Favorites: Imagination Library books and peaches
I’ve had an amazing time these past couple of weeks traveling around Ohio and talking about the Ohio Governor’s Imagination Library —...