Fairborn Daily Herald
FAIRBORN — The City of Fairborn needs the help of its many talented and dedicated citizens. Therefore, it has been recommended that the entire community be polled for applicants willing to offer their assistance to Fairborn City Council by serving on one of the City’s various volunteer advisory boards or committees.
Contact the city manager’s office at 937-754-3030 for more information. Applications will be reviewed and considered by city council prior to any appointments. Applicants for Hearing Boards, including the Community Reinvestment Area Housing Council, Planning Board, and Zoning Board of Appeals, are subject to personal interview prior to appointment.
Applications are available at the Fairborn Government Center City Administration, 44 West Hebble Ave., or can be found on the city’s web site at www.ci.fairborn.oh.us. Applications need to be returned to the city manager’s office no later than Monday, Nov. 28.
Vacancies created by resignation and expiration of terms on Dec. 31 this year will be as follows:
– Board of Adjudication (one three-year term): Hears and determines utility billing and assessment appeals. Meets as needed.
– Community Reinvestment Area Housing Council (one three-year term): Reviews properties that have received Community Reinvestment Area (CRA) tax abatement and assure exempted property is upholding conditions of the agreement; meets annually.
– Mayor’s Beautification Committee (three three-year terms and two unexpired terms to 12-31-18): Serves in an advisory capacity to Fairborn City Council and other municipal bodies in actions or matters where legal or aesthetic requirements or standards affecting the appearance of buildings and grounds are involved. Meets 7 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month.
– Neighborhood Betterment Council (two three-year terms): Advises Fairborn City Council on methods of assisting the city’s low and moderate income residents, particularly through the use of Federal Community Development Block Grant Funds. Meets monthly – day of week depended by members schedules.
– Parks and Recreation Advisory Board (five three-year terms): Advises Fairborn City Council in matters concerning maintenance and development of city parks; reviews land dedication proposals submitted by plat developers and submits recommendations to council; assists at all special events. Meets 7 p.m. the last Wednesday of each month.
– Personnel Advisory Board (one three-year term): Hears grievances of city employees in accordance with the personnel rules and regulations, reviews proposals to reclassify or establish positions within the classified services; meets as needed.
– Planning Board (two three-year terms): May make recommendations to the city manager and Fairborn City Council on all matters affecting the physical growth and development of the city; reviews proposals for new plats and requests for conditional use permits and applications for rezoning. Meets the second Tuesday of each month and the fourth Tuesday as needed.
– Zoning Board of Appeals (one five-year term): Hears and decides appeals from administrative decisions in the enforcement and interpretation of the zoning code of the city; hears petitions for variances from the zoning code where exceptions or unusual circumstances applying to the property in question exist; hears requests for variances to flood plain regulations. Meets 6:30 p.m. third Tuesday of each month and as needed.