For Greene County News
FAIRBORN — For the third consecutive year, Wright State University President David R. Hopkins has been elected to serve as chair of the Inter-University Council (IUC) of Ohio.
Hopkins was elected by his peers last week at the IUC retreat in Granville, Ohio.
“I’m so proud to serve in this capacity among my peers from across Ohio to continue to promote and grow the role of higher education in this great state,” Hopkins said.
The IUC represents Ohio’s 14 public universities in an effort to facilitate the development of common interest and concern of its members and to assist in sustaining and improving the quality of public higher education.
Hopkins currently serves on 11 other higher education boards and coalitions in the Dayton region and across Ohio including:
– Chair, Advanced Technical Intelligence Center
– Chair, Wright Brothers Institute
– Co-chair, Ohio Board of Regents Articulation and Transfer Advisory Council
– Vice-chair, Miami Valley Research Foundation
– Member, Dayton Area Graduate Studies Institute Board
– Member, Dayton Development Coalition, Executive Committee
– Member, Horizon League Board of Presidents
– Member, Ohio Campus Compact, Board of Directors
– Member, Southwestern Ohio Council for Higher Education
– Member, Wright State Applied Research Corporation
– Member, American Association of State Colleges and Universities, Council of state representatives
Previously, Hopkins also served on the NCAA Division I Board for two years, the NCAA Division I Board Presidential Advisory Group for two years and the NCAA Division I Board of Governors for one year.
Story courtesy of Seth Bauguess of Wright State University.