Some people say the strangest things, like how any times have you heard someone ask somebody else “Read any good books lately?”
Statements like that one have become an important part of our language.
You name it and we probably have a phrase or two that covers it.
Like the guy runs into an old friend he hasn’t seen for awhile and he shakes the other man’s hand and says “Where have you been keeping yourself?”
His other favorite greetings include to, “What’s up with you?” and “Long time no see.”
Yes, we have adopted some really strange sayings over the years. Some make sense. More don’t. Here are a few of the more popular ones. See how many of them you have used.
* Penny for your thoughts.
* Let a smile be your umbrella.
* The grass is always greener on the other side of the street.
* He’s a happy go lucky guy.
* Easy come, easy go.
* Haven’t we met before?
* She’s the spitting image of her mother.
* Don’t cry over spilled milk.
* Stop me if you have heard this one.
* Birds of a feather flock together.
* What’s bugging you?
* A rolling stone gathers no moss.
* Do you like my new dress?
* And, last but not least, when is the last time someone caught you doing something that was really important and he or she then interrupted you rudely by asking “Have you got a minute?”