BEAVERCREEK — Two former superintendents of Greene County schools have applied for the superintendent opening at Beavercreek City Schools.
Included on a list of 28 applicants for the position were Dr. Deborah Piotrowski, former superintendent of Xenia Community Schools and current assistant superintendent of Kalamazoo Public Schools (Michigan); and Daniel Schroer, former superintendent of the Greene County Career Center and current superintendent of Margaretta Local Schools (Erie County).
Both Piotrowski and Schroer had effective resignation dates locally in the summer of 2014.
The Beavercreek school board began taking steps to find a new superintendent after current superintendent Bill McGlothlin announced plans in November to retire from his position effective July 31, 2016.
The first round of interviews for the position will take place March 7 and 9, with finalist interviews taking place March 21, 22 and 23. School board members hope to take action to hire a candidate April 7 so the new superintendent could start on or before Aug. 1.
Other applicants for the position are:
– Dr. William Anderson, principal of Columbus Africentric Early College; former principal of Columbus Mifflin High School
– Adam Bird, superintendent of New Richmond Exempted Village Schools; former principal of New Richmond High School
– Michael Brannon, assistant superintendent of operations of Mason City Schools; former director of business affairs of Hilliard City Schools
– Regina Brewer, nutritional service supervisor of Food Catering; former franchise owner of Vanguard Cleaning Systems
– Jack Cunningham, CEO/president of Chesterton Group School Management Consultants; former principal of East Liverpool High School (Columbiana County)
– Jack Fisher, assistant human resources director of Northwest Local Schools (Hamilton County); former director of business and academic services of Finneytown Local Schools
– Dr. Milton Folson, principal of Mt. Healthy Junior/Senior High School (Hamilton County); former principal of Groveport-Madison Middle School Central (Franklin County)
– Dr. Dean Gorrell, superintendent of Verona Area Public Schools (Wisconsin); former superintendent of Marshall Public Schools (Wisconsin)
– James Herrholtz, deputy superintendent of Mahoning County Educational Service Center; former associate state superintendent of the Ohio Department of Education
– James Holiday, head of K12 Bible curriculum of Dayton Christian School System; 5th grade Bible, history and English teacher of Dayton Christian School
– Larry Hook, superintendent of Carlisle Local Schools (Warren County); former assistant superintendent of Springboro Community City Schools
– Robert Humble, superintendent of Fairbanks Local Schools (Union County); former director of personnel and curriculum of Clermont-Northeastern Local Schools (Clermont County)
– Marvin Jones II, director of middle schools and student services of Springfield City Schools; former principal of Trotwood Madison Middle School
– Jonathan Kuehnle, campus director of Springfield High School; former principal of Circleville High School
– Dean Lynch, superintendent of Blanchester Local Schools; former middle school administrator of Springfield City Schools
– Dr. Bobby Moore, senior director of strategic management of Battelle for Kids (Columbus); former superintendent of Mechanicsburg Exempted Village Schools
– Dr. Carl Metzger, assistant superintendent, South-Western City Schools (Franklin County); former superintendent of Marion Local Schools (Mercer County)
– Tyrone Olverson, superintendent of Finneytown Local Schools; former director of curriculum and instruction of Licking Heights Local Schools
– Paul Otten, superintendent of Fairfield City Schools; former assistant superintendent of Fairfield City Schools
– Jennifer Penczarski, superintendent of Kenton City Schools; former principal of Tri-Valley Middle School (Muskingum County)
– Brian Ruckel, director of facilities and classified staff of Washington Nile Local Schools (Scioto County); former superintendent of Blanchester Local Schools
– Dr. James Schoenlein, former superintendent of Kettering City Schools; former curriculum director of Kettering City Schools
– Joyce Thompson, former supervisor of school reform in Columbus City Schools; former director of school improvement in Columbus City Schools
– David Torrence, assistant principal of Greenville High School; former athletic director and social studies teacher at Mount Gilead High School (Morrow County)
– Dr. Philip Wagner, superintendent of Licking Heights Local Schools; former assistant superintendent of Beachwood City Schools
– Dr. Sean Yisrael, owner of Educational Practices for Better Schools; former principal of Roosevelt High School (Washington, D.C.)
Reach Nathan Pilling at 937-502-4498 or on Twitter @XDGNatePilling.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU