The Beavercreek Library is located at 3618 Dayton-Xenia Road. For more information or to register for a program contact 937-352-4001.
- Playtime Fun at the Library, ages 6 months to age 6 with adult 12:15-2:15 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 14, 21, 28.
- Purrrrrfect Time to Read with Bad Kitty, all ages, Monday, Jan. 13. Register to join the family Winter Reading Challenge based on the Bad Kitty books by Nick Bruel Finish 10 sessions of reading to your family and return record to the library to receive an entry for the prize drawings and to receive an invitation to the party on March 1.
- Creative Writing with Mr. Tim, ages 9-12, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Jan. 14, 21, 28. Mr. Tim is a published author and he wants to make someone else one too. Register (only to can attend all the classes) for the course in which we’ll cover Journaling, Poetry and Short Stories. Students will turn in their writing Feb. 18 and will publish a collection of everyone’s writing that you can buy. Registration required. Call 937-352-4001.
- PAWS to Read, ages 3-12 with adult, Sat., Jan. 18, from 11 a.m.-noon. Read to our four-footed furry friends from the Miami Valley Pet Therapy Association. Registration required call 937-352-4001.
- Read Origami Yoda You Must, ages 8-12, 1-2 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 18. Join us to talk about how much we love the Origami Yoda books & learn to make a Fortune Wookie and many others. Enter the raffle to win a copy of “Art2-D2” the how-to book by Tom Angleberger and the kids of McQuarry Middle School. Registration required call 937-352-4001.
- Magic with Jack and Annie, grades 2-5, 4:30-5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 21. Enjoy Magic Treehouse activities and games. Talk about favorite books in the series. Registration required call 937-352-4001.
-We Love Gernimo Stilton will be held at the Beavercreek Community Library on Mon., Jan. 27, from 4:30-5:30 p.m. Join us for activities and games based on everyone’s favorite adventuring mouse and his friends! Registration required. Call 352-4001.
- Test Your Brain — Monthly Contest for grades 7-12 will be held at the Beavercreek Public Library. Check the bulletin board in the Teen area for this month’s contest. The prize will be awarded the last week of each month.
- Club Book: Teen Book discussion Group, grades 7-12, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 30. Join the book club and lets find out what everyone is reading. Each month talk about a different genre. This month’s genre is Mystery. Bring a favorite Mystery titles and be prepared to find new favorites. Snacks provided. Registration required call 937-352-4001.
- Get Your Financial House in Order, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Jan. 11,. Join representatives from Western Southern Financial Group for a discussion of financial topics including tax advantages for retirement funding, the advantage of using life insurance instead of market based products, final expense arrangements, and annuities to guarantee lifetime income. This is an informational workshop. Registration required call 937-352-4001.
- Ebooks: The Lowdown on Downloading, adults, 1-4 p.m. or 5:30-8 p.m. Monday, Jan. 13. Bring your eReader or tablet and drop in anytime during this open house style event for one on one instruction about downloading eBooks.
Winters-Bellbrook Community Library is located 57 W. Franklin St. For more information or to register for program contact the library at937-352-4004.
- Wednesday Morning Story Time, ages 2-4, 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 15, 29.
- Icy Tales, ages 3-5, 6:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 27.
- LEGO Builders Club, ages 6-11, 4:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 23. Have fun with friends while building and sharing with each other. Registration required call 937-352-4004.
- Swing & Sway, ages 2-4, 10:30 a.m. Friday, Jan. 31. This is a music and movement morning for young children.
- Dare to Dream Book Club, grades 3-5, 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28. Have fun while talking about books and playing games which practice reading skills.
- Tween Advisory Board Meeting, ages 9-11, 4 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 15. Spend time helping with projects at the library.
- Winter Craft Day, ages 3-11, Friday, Jan. 17. Make and take winter craft.
- Board Games Galore , 3-6 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 22. The board games will be out for the afternoon. Bring your friends and have some fun at the library.
- Music Jamboree with Miss Dorie, 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Jan 22. Spend time with Miss Dorie and her music.
- Beginner Crochet for Teens, 11 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 18, 25,. Learn the basics of crochet in this three-session class. Supplies are provided. Registration required call 937-352-4004.
- Second & Fourth Tuesday Adult Crochet & Knitting Group, 6:30-8 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 14, 28. Bring a project and drop in for an hour of crochet or knitting.
- Winters Book Discussion Group, adults, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 21. Join us for a book discussion of People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks.
- Friday Crochet & Knit Group, 1 p.m. Friday, Jan. 17. Bring a project and join us for an hour of crochet or knitting.
- Card making - Snowmen, 1 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 18. Create several whimsical snowmen cards perfect for winter. Registration required call 937-352-4004.
Cedarville Community Library is located at 20 S. Miller St. Contact the library to register for programs or for more information 937-352-4006.
- Playtime, ages 0-5, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 15, 22, 29. The library will have a toy room set up for children and parents to play and read together.
- Book Discussion, adults, 6:30-7:45 p.m. Monday, Jan. 27. Contact the library for the title.
The Fairborn Library is located at 1 E. Main St. For more information or to register for a program contact 937-352-4001.
- Preschool Story Time, ages 3-6 with adult, 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 15, 22, 29 and 12:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 16, 23, 30.
- Baby and Me Story Time, ages 6-24 month with adult, 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 15, 22, 29.
- Toddler Story Time, ages 24-36 months with adult, 10:30 a.m. Friday, Jan. 17, 24, 31.
- Wonderful ‘Ones’ Story Time, ages 12-24 months with adult, 10:30 a.m. Friday, Jan. 17, 24, 31.
- PJ Family Story Time, ages 3-6 with adult, 6:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 13, 27.
- LEGO My Library, grades 3-5, 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 21. This LEGO club rocks. Build crazy creations. Be the fastest, the tallest, or the wildest LEGO builder around. Registration required call 937-878-9383.
- Book Nuts Book Club, grades 3-5, 4 p.m. Monday, Jan. 27. Do you like reading and talking about books? Then join this book club to do just that. There will be related activities and crafts. Registration required call 937-878-9383.
The Jamestown Library is located at 86 Seaman Drive. For more information or to register for a program contact 937-352-4005.
- 3-4 Book Club, grades 3-4, 3 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 16. Ask staff for this month’s title. Registration required call 937-352-4005.
- Adult Needlework Club, 4:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 14. Finish a quilt, knitting, crochet, or cross stitch project. Bring your own supplies.
- Adult Book Club, 1 p.m. Monday, Jan. 27. Discuss a selected book. Call for title.
- Adult Paper Craft Club, 4:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan 28. Bring supplies to make homemade crafts.
- Adult Homemade Cardmaking, 6 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 21. Join us to make some cute homemade cards. Learn new techniques to help spruce up your cards at home. Registration required call 937-352-4005.
Xenia Community Library is located at 76 E. Market St. For more information or to register contact the library at 937-352-4000.
- Books & Art, ages 3-6 with adult, 1-1:45 p.m. Monday, Jan. 20, 27.
- Toddler Story Time, ages 2-3, 10:30-11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 15, 22, 29.
- Preschool Story Time, ages 4-6, 10:30-11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 15, 22, 29.
- Baby Story Time, ages 6-24 months, 10:30-11 a.m. Friday, Jan. 17, 24, 31.
- Tween Advisory Group, ages 9-12, 3-4 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 14. Get together with friends to help plan and present library programs.
- Read and Play for all children with adult, 10:30-11:15 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 18. Book sharing and a creative educational playtime for children with and without special needs and their families. Practice social skills and develop early literacy skills in this fun and interactive program.
- Superhero Training Academy, ages 5-10, 4 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 21. Make a cape and mask, and test your super powers by striking out the villains, rescuing a baby, disposing of kryptonite and more.
- Penguin Party, ages 5-10, 4 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28. Frozen fun with penguin crafts, games and activities.
- Mosaic on Canvas, ages 10 and up, 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 16. Use glass tiles, beads, stones, and glitter to make a mosaic initial or a shape on canvas.
- Recycled Tote Bags, ages 10 and up, 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 30. Recycle old summer reading banners by turning them into tote bags using duct tape and scissors.
- Xenia Nonfiction Book Club, adults, 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 15. Attend our preliminary meeting for our library’s new non-fiction book club. Call for title.
- Budgeting-How to develop a Plan, adults, 2-4 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 11. Michael Martens, an investment adviser representative from Transamerica Financial Group will speak on strategies to eliminate debt and how to build credit. Registration required call 937-352-4000.
- Needles & Knit-Wits, adults, 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 13. Knit, socialize, and share your techniques with others. If you are a beginner, drop in for assistance. This group welcomes knitters of all skills.
- Introduction to the Internet, adults, 10-11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 15. Learn how to search the Internet.
- Celebrate Nutrition, adults, 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 15. Learn about healthy food and activity choices and parenting tips for feeding the picky eater. Each class will include snack and a take home tool. Registration required call 937-352-4000.
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel, adults, 10-11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 22. Learn the basics of using Excel. This class will cover how to insert text and numbers into excel and very basic formulas.
- Introduction to Excel, adults, 10-11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 29. This second session will look more in depth on how to use formulas and will practice creating tables.
Yellow Springs Community Library is located at 415 Xenia Ave. For more information or to register contact the library at 937-352-4003.
- Story Time, 10:30-11 a.m. Friday, Jan. 17, 24, 31.
- Baby & Toddler Play Time, 2-2:45 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 16, 23, 30.
- Lunch With the Librarian: Book Discussion for Home School Families, 12:30-1:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 13.
- Second Tuesday Feed & Read: A Book Club for Tweens, 3-3:45 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 14. Get together with other readers after school. Talk about books and enjoy snacks provided by the library.
- After School Games, 3-4 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 21. Enjoy board games, cards and puzzles with friends after school. Registration required call 937-352-4003.
- Build It! A Woodworking Craft for Parent & Child, 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28. Work in pairs to construct a truck, a tank, a ship, a jeep, or other cool vehicle. All materials provided, no power tools necessary. Registration required. Call 937-352-4003.
- YS Book Discussion, adults, 6:30-8 p.m. Monday, Jan. 27. Call for this month’s title. New participants are welcome.
- Organizing 101 for Adults, 6:30-8 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 16. The ladies of call-to-order organizing will help you make an action file to organize your paperwork, and answer other organizing and decluttering questions. Registration required call 937-352-4003.
For a complete schedule of activities, stop by your local library or log on to the library website at www.greenelibrary.info. The Greene County Public Library system consists of seven locations: Beavercreek, Jamestown, Cedarville, Fairborn, Yellow Springs, Xenia and Bellbrook.