FAIRBORN — The annual Wright State University ArtsGala, which has raised more than $2.2 million for arts scholarships during its 17-year history, is scheduled for Saturday, April 8, with a program featuring student performances in theatre, dance, motion pictures, music and visual arts.
The 6 p.m. to midnight event in the Creative Arts Center is presented by the College of Liberal Arts. The popular black-tie-optional ArtsGala is regarded as one of the area’s premier arts events, drawing more than 900 patrons each year.
“I can’t wait for this year’s ArtsGala as we celebrate the completion of the Creative Arts Center modernization and expansion with an amazing, newly renovated Commons space and more student entertainment than ever before,” said Kristin Sobolik, dean of the College of Liberal Arts. “And it’s all for a great cause — to provide our fine and performing arts students with scholarships they need to succeed.”
This year is the ArtsGala’s 18-year anniversary with many special events designed to celebrate the occasion. Features this year include:
– Wind Symphony, featuring Stars and Stripes Forever
– Selections from Dolly Parton’s Broadway musical “9 to 5”
– Live artistic creation by student artists
– Student film festival
– Chamber Orchestra performance
– Opera performances
– Dance performances
– Collegiate Chorale performance
– Six themed dining rooms
– Cigar and sports tent
– Top-quality wine and bourbon tastings
– A silent auction will offer over 100 items for bidding, including:
– Artwork by Wright State faculty, students and alumni
– Wide variety of wines
– Assortment of luxury gift baskets, gift cards and dining certificates
ArtsGala tickets are available for $250 each. To purchase or to find more event information call 937 775-5512 or visit wright.edu/artsgala.
Story courtesy of Wright State University.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU