WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Ohio – The Air Force Marathon is sponsoring a week-long series of free training clinics for local runners, featuring two-time Air Force Marathon Overall Champion and Chief Medical Consultant Dr. Mark Cucuzzella.
The clinics are free and open to the public, in partnership with local business and organizations. They are slated to take place:
– 5:30 p.m. Monday, March 13 at Soin Medical Center (5th Floor) 3535 Pentagon Blvd, Beavercreek;
– 11 a.m. Tuesday, March 14 at Wright Field Fitness Center, Area B., WPAFB (basketball court) (base access required);
– 6 p.m. Tuesday, March 14 at New Balance Dayton 304 E. Stroop Road, Dayton;
– 11 a.m. Wednesday, March 15 at Dodge Gym, Area A., WPAFB (basketball court) (base access required);
– 6 p.m. Wednesday, March 15 at Up and Running, 6123 Far Hills Ave., Dayton;
– 6 p.m. Thursday, March 16 at Runners Plus 8970 Kingsridge Drive, Dayton.
“Mark’s clinics are very popular,” said Race Director Robert Aguiar. “He has a way of making running accessible for people of all skill levels. I encourage everyone — whether walker or runner — to attend one of these clinics.”
Cucuzzella has been a competitive runner for nearly 30 years and has completed more than 100 marathons and ultramarathons. As a Lieutenant Colonel in the Air Force Reserves, he serves as chief medical consultant to the marathon and is designing programs to reduce running injuries in military personnel. He is a family physician and professor at West Virginia University School of Medicine, where he is an advocate for healthy living and also works in his local community to promote the values of exercise and healthy eating.
Story courtesy of Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU