As a business owner, we all have a story to tell. Sharing your story and telling it correctly can make the difference between failure and success, so learning how to tell your story is really important! Here are some questions and pointers to help you tell your story better.
In every good story there are always these top three plot twists:
1. Passion. Tell the story of why you are passionate about what your business does.
2. Love. Using the strongest emotion is a great way to show your customers how your heart is invested in the success of your business.
3. Struggle. Everyone struggles through life in some form or another and hearing about the struggles of others builds connection and community.
In general, tell people the story of your business and the story of you, because people love people more than they love business.
• What were the original plans for your business?
• What is the mission of your business?
• How was your business started?
• How does your business help your customers?
By sharing your stories, you open the opportunity for others to know more about your business and what your business can do for them. Look for ways to tell your story to others today.
Editor’s note: This is part three of a five-week column for small business owners.
Jena Powell is a small buiness owner and guest columnist. Contact her at Jena@huntingtonoutdoor.com. Powell is co-founder of Blue Ash Media, a digital advertising company and VP of sales at Huntington Outdoor Advertising, a Midwest-based outdoor billboard company.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU