National Museum of the United States Air Force temporarily closed following government shut down
Township battles snowy roads
USAFSAM celebrates 100 years
Student aspires to be top 10 professional eater
Flu hospitalizations high in Greene County
- National Museum of the United States Air Force temporarily closed following government shut down - 11:52 am
- USAFSAM celebrates 100 years - 8:56 am
- Trip to local lakes offers winter birding - 8:56 am
- Township battles snowy roads - 4:29 pm
- USAFSAM celebrates 100 years - 4:29 pm
- Student aspires to be top 10 professional eater - 4:28 pm
- Flu hospitalizations high in Greene County - 4:28 pm
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 9:20 am
- Help with homeless survey - 9:19 am
- Religion Digest - 7:00 pm
- WPAFB to honor USAFSAM anniversary - 4:43 pm
- WPAFB teens earn Eagle Scout badge - 4:43 pm
- 30 years of musical history on WSU panels - 4:43 pm
- FAHS presenting history of Fairborn formation - 4:42 pm
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 11:35 am
- SALT meetings resume Jan. 18 - 11:35 am
- Volunteers needed for maple sugaring - 11:35 am
- Bowling for Babies slated for Jan. 27 - 5:14 pm
- Wright-Patterson Air Force Base activities to be impacted by exercises - 5:14 pm
- Fairborn City Schools superintendent highlights snow day decision process - 5:14 pm
- Dunkin’ Donuts to open in Fairborn - 5:14 pm
- Old Man Winter strikes Fairborn - 5:13 pm
- Simulations to provide training at WPAFB - 4:12 pm
- Committee planning public presentation - 4:12 pm
- School board members sworn-in, officers elected - 4:12 pm
Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Yellow Springs YELLOW SPRINGS — The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Yellow Springs will present “...
WPAFB to honor USAFSAM anniversary
WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE — The United States Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine, known also as USAFSAM, is honoring the 100th birthda...
30 years of musical history on WSU panels
FAIRBORN — Phil Collins is there. So is Rod Stewart, Kenny Chesney, Reba McEntire, Tim McGraw and Jeff Foxworthy.The “there” are the...
FAHS presenting history of Fairborn formation
FAIRBORN — The Fairborn Area Historical Society will present a program highlighting the Great 1913 Flood and its connection to the creation of a...
Fairborn Municipal Court
Dec. 29Richard N. Smyth, 34 E. Franklin St., Bellbrook, guilty possession criminal tools, $265 fines, 180 days, 178 suspended. Up to two years supervi...
Skyhawks chasing bowling titles
MIAMISBURG — With one team perched atop the standings, and the other barely out of first in their standings, coaches Alicia Simpson and Eric Mre...
Beaver named to Stebbins Hall of FameXENIA — Xenia High School graduate Jim Beaver is being inducted into the Walter E. Stebbins Athletic Hall o...
Matters named WSU head volleyball coach
FAIRBORN — Allie Matters, a seven-year first assistant coach at Seton Hall, has been named the head volleyball coach at Wright State University,...
`Creek survives Fairborn rally
FAIRBORN — Visiting Beavercreek fell behind early, went on a huge first-half scoring run, then survived a vicious Fairborn comeback to escape th...
Saints football marching in to Xenia
XENIA — With a desire to bring family fun back to the sidelines, the Ohio Valley Saints semi-pro football team is coming to Xenia for the 2018 P...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Greene County marriages
Dec. 20Asa L. Johnson of Xenia and Breanna M. Allen of Xenia applied for a marriage license. Date of marriage not on record.Andrew B. Terpstra of Beav...
Warm hearts and warm mugs
Every day life in our household continues to be quite eventful with our four little ones. Some days flow smoothly with me even getting a chance to sew...
Ask me what I’m reading in January
So many of us enjoy time spent with a good book and a warm blanket during the long nights of winter. This librarian is no exception. I’m current...
Confectionately Yours: Recipe secrets
I came across a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that contained crispy rice cereal as one of the ingredients. This was exciting to me because over 28...
DPO: Space OddityDAYTON — Space Oddity: David Brighton as David Bowie concert will be preformed 8 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 6 at the Schuster Center, ...
We navigated another year, that’s success
I love New Year’s Day. New Year’s Day celebrates the fact that we’ve shown up 365 days in a row. It’s a real accomplishment.It...
Our social structure is rigged
“It’s structure vs. agency,” my professor said to me, as if that cleared everything up.It didn’t. It was my first week of grad...
When’s the last time I’ll go home for Christmas?
The time has come again for making spirits bright. Whether we’re singing Merry Christmas or Feliz Navidad, the familiar cheer confirms the holid...
Cat’s pajamas and other signs of holiday endtimes
Your cat doesn’t want to wear pajamas. Really.This shouldn’t be a revelation to anyone who’s ever seen or met a cat. And yet there a...
The real spirit of giving
This special day got me thinking about America’s spirit of giving, and I don’t mean this overdone business of Christmas gifts. I mean our ...
How 2018 will transport Americans back to 1968
There’s a difference between nostalgia and sober reflection. The arrival of 2018 will bring an unusually powerful cocktail of both: It marks a h...