Showcase vehicles roll into downtown
WSU opens new communication center
September promotes food safety
Library to host Books and Beer
Running for veterans
- Showcase vehicles roll into downtown - 2:10 pm
- WSU opens new communication center - 4:13 pm
- September promotes food safety - 4:13 pm
- Library to host Books and Beer - 4:12 pm
- Running for veterans - 10:42 am
- GCPH: Make a plan - 4:50 pm
- City examining think tank option - 4:49 pm
- Calamityville to house Tech Warrior - 4:48 pm
- Shrader named to ‘Power 50’ list - 4:34 pm
- Step back in time - 4:34 pm
- Runners pass through Flyzone - 4:33 pm
- Family Day to highlight gravity - 4:33 pm
- On their mark - 10:51 am
- GCCC alumni look back - 4:23 pm
- Council updated on revamped zone code - 4:23 pm
- Flamingos to flock local yards - 4:22 pm
- Board approves NYC trip - 2:16 pm
- WSU celebrates homecoming week, anniversary - 2:15 pm
- Students raise money - 2:14 pm
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra returns to WSU - 2:13 pm
- GCCC celebrating half-century - 10:36 am updated: 5:13 pm.
- Pear trees to be planted in cemetery - 4:42 pm
- Fairborn City Schools integrates new technology in classrooms - 4:41 pm
- Defense asks to suppress Merrick evidence - 3:09 pm
- Trustees approve new signage - 12:43 pm
Step back in time
XENIA — Attendees will once again step back in time this year at the 47th Old Timers Days, Friday-Sunday, Sept. 22-24 at the Greene County Fairg...
Runners pass through Flyzone
Barb Slone | Fairborn HeraldAir Force Marathon runners had the opportunity to pass through downtown Fairborn during the race Sept. 16. Organizers offe...
Family Day to highlight gravity
WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE — Celebrate the beginning of the fall season while learning about the force that causes falling — gravity ...
On their mark
Don Tate | Fairborn HeraldWright-Patterson Air Force Base hosted the 21st Annual Air Force Marathon Sept. 16, welcoming 13,500 runners from all 50 sta...
GCCC alumni look back
XENIA — This week gave many alumni a good reason to reflect on their Greene County Career Center years, as they looked back and celebrated the s...
Council updated on revamped zone code
FAIRBORN — Paul Culter, senior committee planner at Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., was on hand at the Sept. 11 Fairborn City Council work sessio...
Wise wrestling induction set for Oct. 15
ATHENS — The Ohio Chapter of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame is set to induct Beavercreek wrestling coach Gary Wise and five other wrestling...
Bulldogs bite Fairborn
FAIRBORN — With some key league matches looming ahead, Wednesday’s nonleague girls high school volleyball match against Fairborn couldR...
Bellbrook’s Gabby Gerbic, a senior defender, battles for possession with Carroll’s Alaina Casey, as Carroll’s Eve Thorner (20) and B...
‘Hawks top StebbinsFAIRBORN — Fairborn used three goals from Zayne Pacifico to top Stebbins, 6-2, in Greater Western Ohio Conference boys ...
Meet Wright State cross country twins
FAIRBORN — The Wright State men’s and women’s cross country teams have plenty of depth this season. They also have an ample amount o...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Greene County marriages
May 24Erin W. Rodgers of Yellow Springs and Mary J. Gentile of Yellow Springs applied for a marriage license. Date of marriage not on record.Caleb L. ...
Merrimans celebrate 70 years
XENIA — Russ and Pat Merriman of Xenia will be celebrating their 70th anniversary. They were married June 26, 1947, at her parents home in Xenia...
Give and it shall be given unto you
It is interesting to me that in the very early days into my widowhood, I encountered no less than four other women who also lost their husbands. One o...
Jinks graduated from basic
SAN ANTONIO, Texas — US Air Force Airman 1st Class Torey L. Jinks graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San...
Murrells celebrate 60 years
XENIA — Jerald and Janet (Garringer) Murrell celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary June 8.The couple was married in 1957 at the Bowersville ...
Remembering Thomas Perkins
WILBERFORCE — Born a slave, Reverend Thomas Perkins became a free man at the age of 18. He and other free youths formed a group, hired a teacher...
Fairgrounds Furniture deserves more time.In an age where products — groceries, clothing, even furniture — can be bought with one click and...
Trump’s ‘grand slam’
Tuesday, September 19, 2017 was an historic day, by any measure, from any perspective. President Trump’s speech to the U.N. General Assembly is ...
A half-century and counting
At the end of September this year I will celebrate my 50th birthday. It’s funny how you don’t notice the years flying by until there’...
Dems don’t need an aging presidential candidate
The summer of 2017 was a good one. My wife and I packed up our two grandchildren — waved goodbye to their parents (with earnest promises of freq...
Another healthcare system
It seems to me that now the US Senate has decided to keep the Affordable Care Act, better known as “Obama Care”, by blocking a proposed su...